![]() |
| 4 days old |
On Thursday July 7 I had a feeling that it was getting close. I went to bed that night and for some reason I couldn't sleep, I was having non-painful contractions but that was nothing new. In reality, I just knew he was going to come the next day and was pretty apprehensive. At 5:00 am Joe got up for work and I told him I didn't think he should go to work that day. Since I still wasn't having painful contractions yet we decided to have him go to line up and see from there. Within a half hour I was having painful contractions about six minutes apart. My wonderful mom came over around 7:00 and I knew I needed Joe to come home. We made it to the hospital around 9:00 am and right after I got there painful contractions started coming every minute. I have to admit I was about in tears when they said the anesthesiologist was in surgery and they didn't know when he would be done. They gave me some fentanyl to help ease the pain; and luckily they actually caught the anesthesiologist before he went into surgery. I finally got my heavenly epidural. The contractions slowed down with the epidural, so they broke my water around 12:00 pm. I warned them that with Will after they broke my water he came pretty quickly. I was right, and before they were going to check me I felt pressure from him trying to come. Jared heart rate became erratic and they said that indicated that I may be fully dilated. I definitely was and you could hear the nurse that they needed to hurry, and she joke he was so close he would come out with one push. Eight minutes after I started pushing my beautiful little boy was here. I remember holding my little boy and having it feel so surreal and how sweet he was. I loved when he looked at me with his sweet and innocent eyes. He nursed immediately which was a nice surprise. I also couldn't get over his hair, it was just so shocking; especially since I expected a bald baby. It was so wonderful to hold my tiny little guy and to see him safely here.
He is a sweet little baby with tons of hair. He loves to be held and enjoys his bathes. He started rolling over from his belly to his back around two weeks. It was so cute he would lift his head up and put it to the side to help him flip over. Now that he weighs more he can not get himself to roll over as often. There are several thing I have forgotten about newborns, one of which is how noisy of sleepers they can be and the cute little noises they make. He is now six weeks and he is starting to look at toys more. He is aware of Will's voice and Will likes him as well. Will is always trying to give him hugs and kisses or wants to hold him. He is just too cute so I have to post tons of pictures, love this little guy!
| First real bath |
| 1 month old |





Oh my goodness! Darling! Darling! What a great family!
ReplyDeleteI love all that hair! What a sweet little boy! He is darling!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Welcome to the world cute little Jared! I am glad everything went well. He is adorable, love all of the hair!
ReplyDelete