Sunday, August 21, 2011

2nd Birthday

I know I say this all the time, but really my little boy is growing up so fast.  I can't believe that I have a two year old.  I remember thinking about how much Will changed in his first year and not realizing how much he was going to turn into a little boy in this next year.

Will loves to talk now and is repeating everything.  I am continually surprised by what he know and remembers.  One day Joe was playing with Will and Will came in with some piano music to show me what daddy taught him.  Joe asked him where the fermata was and he correctly pointed it out, then Joe asked him what it does and Will's cute little response was "hold it out." He still remembers this weeks later.  Will is also a good counter. One day I pointed out the number one and then Will said "two" I thought I would continue on and said "three", Will then said "four" and we counted all the way up to nine. I guess I don't realize how much he is listening to what we are saying.

As I have mentioned in other posts, Will is our little helper.  He loves to help us clean, mow the lawn, do the laundry and so many other things.  I love that he is starting to use pretend play and is finally starting to like to color (especially with sidewalk chalk).  Will loves to swim and being outside.  If you know Joe, this next one won't be a surprise ;) but Will loves Lagoon.  I think I might have another enthusiast on my hands telling me all the facts once he gets older.

We finally put Will in a toddler bed a little before he turned two and I am in complete shock how well he handled it.  We didn't have to do anything, we just put him in bed and he fell to sleep.  So far we only had one night that we had a hard time keeping him in his bed and a little over a month later I wonder how long this is going to last.  Sometimes I wonder if he thinks that he can't get out of bed before we come and get him because we can hear him on the monitor, and if we don't come and get him he will stay on his bed until we walk in the room.

Will loves to be silly. Anything that he thinks makes others laugh or thinks he is being silly he will do over and over again. I just love that little boy's giggle.  He is also a very sweet little boy.  Since I have been down on bed rest he would change where he normally plays so that he could play by mommy.  He also tried to take care of me by feeding me with his fake food and real food.  One day he noticed that I had some tears on my face and he ran to go find a rag and came back and wiped away my tears. He is just my precious little boy.

Here are some pictures from his second birthday party back in June.  He loves the show Word World so I wanted to have that theme, however, I figured it would be much simpler to have a barnyard theme instead.

The invitation






It was so fun with his birthday this year because he was more aware this year.  One night when we put him to bed the week before his birthday, we could hear him randomly saying Happy birthday grandma and grandpa. I"m not sure why it is grandma and grandpa except that we have celebrated birthdays at their homes lately.  I just love this little boy and I can"t wait to see the changes and growth he does in this upcoming year

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful party! I thought the invitations where darling, the food was great, everything was just perfect! Plus a darling boy on top of that. I am so glad we got to come!

    ReplyDelete