The next day was the Salt Lake Marathon. Joe decided to run the 1/2 marathon. His goal was to run it in 1 hr and 35 min to 45 min. His time was 1 hr 34 min and 53 sec. I am so proud of him and happy that he beat his goal. You can see the 1/2 marathon results here .
I decided to run the 5K. I was a little nervous because I haven't timed myself since Will was born. My goal was to finish under 30 min., but I was really hoping to finish under 27:44 (my time the last time I ran it). I finished it in 28:24, so I reached one of my goals and gave me the motivation to work on the other. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to run. The 5K results are here .
Later that day we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and took Will to the Gateway Mall. We took Will to the Clark Planetarium and watched the ball display. Next we took Will to the Olympic Fountain. He loved it, and if mommy didn't stop him he would have playing in the water, maybe later in the summer.
Today we went to the Living Planet Aquarium. It was a lot of fun. Will loved the fish just as much as he did watch all the different people. I find it cute how he has stranger anxiety, but if there is another child he wants to be friends :). I was amazed how well he payed attention to the exhibits. Much cooler than our fish tank at home!
I love summertime and I can't wait to spend it with my family. It is so neat to be able to expose Will to outside rather than keeping him cooped up. Yes summertime is the best.
I'm glad you had so much fun at the aquarium. We'll have to go with you next time!
ReplyDeleteAnd way to go on the 5K! You amaze me!
Summertime exploring with kids is the best! We are getting excited for it too! Way to go to both of you on your runs! Impressive!!
ReplyDelete