Friday, March 26, 2010

Stress Reliever aka More Projects

I have learned that projects can be a great stress reliever. I have never been a patient person and waiting to hear if Joe got into law school, well lets just say that the projects have been nice. This is what I have been up to.

This first project was a restaurant high chair cover. It works great even though you can't see it very well in the picture. I especially love the straps to hold his toys. I used the McCall's pattern 5604.



This next project a good friend gave me a outline of the bib. It is absolutely wonderful, the size makes it so it covers his clothing so well. The vinyl on it is a lifesaver, especially with carrots!



The same wonderful friend also gave me the pattern for a baby sling, thank goodness for great friends! I am still trying to get Will use to it, especially since he is getting bigger and heavier. A little support while carrying him on my hip would be nice. Who knows if he will ever like it.



When I graduated from pharmacy school a couple of years ago I decided I needed to pick up some new hobbies to fill the newly acquired free time. I learned how to knit and decided to knit myself and Joe a scarf. I finished mine and got a foot into Joe and then it ended up in a drawer. Two years latter, I re-taught myself how to knit and I FINALLY finished Joe's scarf! I also decided to try the knitting looms and did a trial hat for Will. Now to use the right thickness of yarn.



Next I made some soft blocks for Will. I found a great tutorial, however, it was after I started so I didn't get the full benefit. The tutorial I used was here . I did my blocks a little differently. I sewed all the edges except one and then smashed the foam and worked with it until I got it how I wanted it. I also hand sewed the last edge.

This is what usually happens with the blocks.
Before



After



For Christmas Joe's mom got his brother a towel with a zipper pocket in it so that he could take it to the gym. When Joe saw it, he wanted one too. I decided to make it so that I could customize the size to what he wanted. I haven't put in a zipper since high school and honestly I could not remember how to. Thanks to the Internet I was able to find a series of video demonstrations here



The projects have been a lot of fun and a good distraction, now to think of some more projects to do. Maybe a quilt if I ever get over the intimidation factor.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Angie, Look at you go. You are so crafty!! I love your ideas. That is funny about the scarf, because I did that exact same thing where I started one then didn't finish it until a year later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed. I have things I have been meaning to get finished but who knows if I ever will. I bet those blocks took a long time.

    ReplyDelete