This project was expecially fun because Joe helped out. He cut the sheet metal for me and drilled the sheet metal to the wood. He did a wonderful job!
Now that Will is older I figured I could make him a shopping cart cover so Joe and I don't have to break our backs carrying in the front carrier. This project turned out ok, except for the button hole mishap. When we first used it Will wanted out within five minutes which was a little disheartening; however the second time he did much better so maybe there is still hope.

A not so successful project was a blanket that has openings for the straps of the car seat. One of my least favorite part of sewing is the preparation so I bought a pattern that has the markings for the openings already. I didn't confirm the openings with my car seat because of my laziness and after I had almost finished the whole project I realized that it did not fit my car seat. The saying a stich in time saves nine kept running through my head. So I do not have a picture of that project because I have not finished it. Maybe after I am not so irritated I will try it again.
So regardless of the mess-ups, the projects have been a lot of fun. I am so glad that Joe got me a new sewing machine for christmas, he has always been so supportive of my projects. So on to the new project!
Yay, I am so happy you started a blog. Your little boy is so cute.
ReplyDelete